Thursday, July 2, 2009

Me

I'm writing a blog.

And this is my first post.

I'm not a phenomenal writer. I use short sentences. I like words like neat and nifty. I used to write when I was younger, maybe I can do it again.

I'll give you insight on me...twenty-five things.
  1. I married at 18. Nearly 13 years later and I'm still happy.
  2. I am a mom. I have four smart, beautiful children.
  3. I have a job I love and I truly care about the people I work with.
  4. But I secretly dream of creating amazing cakes for a living.
  5. I love my family. I don't tell them very often because I'm not a mushy person, but I do.
  6. I was the first one to hold my niece when she was born. This forever connected us.
  7. I don't have a preference for my name. It really doesn't matter if you say Sam or Samantha or Sambo...just don't say Sammy.
  8. Deep down I'm just a silly girl who loves chick flicks.
  9. And contrary to what most believe I do cry. Just NEVER at work.
  10. I believe that ice cream can fix most anything.
  11. I miss tapes and Polaroid cameras.
  12. But I'll never be nostalgic for payphones.
  13. I don't know everything, I know that.
  14. I can't swim, but I love the ocean.
  15. I think people who don't crave cereal at night are odd.
  16. I like cheesy disaster movies with poor editing.
  17. I love books, I just don't like to read them.
  18. I made a song for each of my kids that I only sing to them.
  19. I aspire to be great.
  20. I'm an optimist.
  21. I prefer board games and reruns to going out.
  22. I overly fret about my children out-growing me.
  23. I love the idea of shopping, but I hate the disappointment of it.
  24. I prefer paper and Sharpie pens to computers.
  25. I don't have a favorite holiday, color, food, movie, song, book or shirt. I think it's unrealistic to choose and I just don't feel like it.

2 comments:

  1. #4: Me too. I want to start a cupcakerie actually.
    #10: Oh hell yeah! The art of the mixtape. I miss cassettes.
    #24: Have you tried the new Sharpie fine pens that don't bleed? They are fabulous.

    I think that I should do a new list of 25 things--an update from my old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think ice cream fixes everything. After the drama of my day yesterday, I ate ice cream for dinner (and nothing else). Cold Stone, chocolate with brownie...made everything better.

    ReplyDelete