Sunday, October 11, 2009

What I learned today.

I rode my bike today for 10 miles. If you've never done this then you are like I was this morning, and completely underestimate the feat that this is. I learned a lot today.

  • 10 miles is a really long way.
  • A 31-year-old body is not a 10-year-old body. My son could've done 20 miles easily.
  • A half cup of oatmeal is not adequate nutrition for a workout like this.
  • That which you sit upon is the most important thing of all. In other words I needed a bigger, more comfortable seat.
  • I do not have enough workout music on my iPod.
  • On that same note, Chicago is not the best group to listen to when climbing an impossible hill.
  • And I am not coordinated enough to ride and do anything else at the same time, so I need a playlist ready and one of those drink hats.
  • One should probably practice riding and get up to 10 miles, not start with that.
  • I can ride my bike, a long way, in pain and without crying.
  • No one can tell me how many calories I burned today, but it's somewhere between 300-3000.
  • I have a lot of will power....I could have called and been picked up anytime during the ride.
  • I'm in pain, my body burns, my head hurts and I can't stand for very long. And I feel great!
It's quite possible I will do this again soon. Well maybe 5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment